Makerere offers Diploma and Certificate programs that help prepare students for higher education and also advance their careers. They are usually under certain departments and short in length since they are intended to cover specific areas. They include:
Makerere University welcomes International Students who satisfy the minimum entry requirements-see weighting system and Diploma holders’ requirements for Advanced Level and Diploma holders’ applicants respectively at www.mak.ac.ug.
- Get pay in slips from Stanbic or DFCU bank at the main campus Makerere University where applicable.
- After paying the Fee of USD $ 75 or 172,500 UGX take the bank slip to the main building (Finance Department) for verification where applicable.
- On presentation of the application fee bank slip, pick the application form from Room 316, Level 3, Senate Building.
- Applicants with academic documents prescribed in other languages other than English should be submitted to the School of Languages, Makerere University for translation into English.
- Applicants who obtained qualifications elsewhere other than Uganda should take their secondary school academic documents to Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) located in Ntinda for purposes of being equated to Ugandan grades.
- Completed forms should be returned to level 3, Senate Building, Room 316, and the following documents MUST be attached to the application form:
- Original Pay in slip from the Bank
- One Passport size photograph of the applicants’ current likeness
- Photocopies of Secondary School Certificates (i e Ordinary Level and Advanced Level) or its equivalent.
- Diploma/Degree holder’s applicants MUST attach certified photocopies of their academic transcripts issued by the awarding institutions.
- Applicants from countries where the language of instruction is not English are required to bring evidence of proficiency of English. However, Makerere University (School of Languages) conducts proficiency tests on request.
- Applicants wishing to be admitted to the Bachelor of Laws programme offered by Makerere University are required to take a pre-entry examination.
- International students MUST present insurance certificates from a reputable insurance firm at the time of admission.So, the insurance firm should cater for any eventuality not Makerere University.
- The Academic Year normally starts in August every year. Applicants can download the form and send it with academic documents attached to;
The Academic Registrar (Admissions),
P O BOX 7062,
Makerere University offers a number of academic programmes at Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Levels. Please click the links below to view detailed list of courses in the respective categories.
Makerere University offers a number of Bachelors Degree Programmes. They are listed below under their sespective academic units.1. College Of Agricultural And Environmental Sciences (CAES)
In this section, we enable a visitor to find out about particular academic programmes. Link to both faculty and department
Makerere offers more than 100 graduate programmes, listed below under their respective academic units. Follow the links to the respective websites to learn more about each programme.
Applications for 2016/17 Academic year.
Payment & Fees Structure
You can pay through the following banks
Any STANBIC BANK BRANCH
MUC - FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 9030005866749
DFCU BANK MAKERERE BRANCH
MUC - FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 01083500181477
MUC - FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 3740300001
Any POSTBANK UGANDA LIMITED BRANCH
MUC - FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 0145053500100
Payment by Electronic Funds Transfer
Account Name : Makerere University Council –Fees Collection a/c
Bank : Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited
Swift code : SBICUGKX
Sort Code : 040147
Bank Account No : 9030005866749
Payment of tuition fees is as per the university fees policy 2016 which can be accessed by following the link below:
For International Students Admissions
Ms Nyiramahoro Joyce
Room 316, Senate Building
P.O. Box 7062,
For International Students Welfare and University Collaborations
P.O. Box 7062,