- Open a browser window (recommended: Google Chrome) and go to the following url: https://applications.mak.ac.ug
- You will need to register for a portal account to begin your application. If you do not already have one, create an account by clicking on the “Register” button.
- Fill in the registration form fields and click “Register”. All fields are required.
- You will be redirected to the Application Portal homepage to start your application.
- Select your “Application Type” and “In-take” and click “Apply”.
- Select application type depending on the entry scheme you’re applying on - for example, if you’re an A Level student, select “Private Application”; if you hold a diploma and are applying as a privately sponsored student, select “Private Application Diploma Holder”; if you are a Mature Entry student, select “Private Application Mature Age”.
- Fill in all the required fields in each of the tabs that follow i.e. “Personal Information”, “Educational Info”, “Program Choice”, “Documents” and “Declaration”. A current tab will be marked as “In Progress”, a completed tab will be marked as “Done” and an unfilled tab will be marked as “Pending”. Please note that once you submit your application, you cannot make any changes to it.
- All uploaded documents have to be under 1MB while your picture (passport photo) has to be under 100 KB.
Tip: Compress your document scans in a way that will keep their resolution good enough but file size under the stated limits.
- After submitting your application on the last tab, please generate a bank-slip that you shall use to make payments at the bank of your choice from the bank(s) listed. Your application number will be in the format as such: APFE/MAK/22427. Please note that the application process is only complete after the application fees has been paid. Write your application number on the bank-slip before making payments to the bank.
Important to note:
- You will need a valid email address before you can use the online application portal. Create an email account if you don’t have one.
- Please have scanned copies of your passport size photo, birth certificate, O and A Level pass slips and previous school ID and academic transcripts where necessary before you start filling your application
- Once you pay the application fees, please login again to confirm that the application status has changed from ‘Application Submitted’ to ‘Application Completed’. If otherwise, please contact the Academic Registrar’s Department, Senate building 612 or email@example.com.
- Do not share your application portal login details with anyone.
- Make sure you logout and close browser window after filling application form.
How to Create an Email Address
- Access a browser on an internet enabled computer.
- Choose an email provider of your choice by going to one of the following URLs - Yahoo (https://www.yahoo.com), Gmail (https://www.gmail.com), Hotmail (https://www.hotmail.com) or any other provider of your choice
- Click on create new account/signup button
- Enter all the mandatory fields normally marked by a star (*)
- Type in your username (Make sure it's relevant to your purpose)
- Choose a secure and easy to remember password (Secure passwords typically have numbers, special characters, uppercase and lowercase alphabets)
- Select your security question and answer. This will allow you to reset your password in case you forget it.
- Verify your registration by typing the text you see in the captcha, if applicable.
- Save to create your email account.
- Login to your email account to confirm.
- Please keep track of this email id and password as relevant information from the University system will be sent only to this email ID.