First Year students (Freshers) are by tradition given an “acclimatization” period of normally one week which is referred to as the “Orientation Week”. The Freshers report on Campus one week earlier than the Continuing students and during this week they are introduced to the key facilities in the University as well as other important aspects of life at the University. A programme of activities is always issued out and is expected to be strictly followed.
The Freshers are also expected to take advantage of the week to survey and acquaint themselves with the general Campus lay out. Another major activity during the Orientation Week is Registration. All Freshers must ensure that they are registered first centrally and then with each of their respective Faculties/Schools/Institutes.
Fresher’s Week Programme
All Resident Freshers are required to report to their respective Halls of Residence or Private Hostels by 5.00 p.m. on Saturday 15th August, 2009.
All freshers should report on Monday 17th August 2009 at 8.00 a.m. at the Freedom Square for meeting with the University officials.
- Saturday 15th August 2009: Student Arrival
- Sunday 16th August 2009: Fresher’s Meeting at Places of
- Monday 17th August 2009: Meeting with Principal/Deans/Directors (Freedom Square)
- Tuesday 18th August, 2009: Meeting with Department of Women and Gender Studies, the Guild Executive and Wardens (Freedom Square)
- Ceremony of Admission: Officiated by the Vice-Chancellor (Date to be communicated)