Makerere University has developed a focused research agenda that is multi-disciplinarity and draws on the University's vast expertise.
Research proposals that focus on a specific problem that may cut across several disciplines are given priority in funding.
On the basis of the National Government plan known as Poverty Eradication Action Plan (PEAP), the University selected 6 themes amd 5 cross cutting areas that make up the University's Research Agenda. the Research Agenda themes are as follows:
- Research into Education for Development
- Food, Nutrition and Value Addition
- Sustainable Environment Development
- Good Governance, Equity (including gender ) Service Delivery
- Health (infectious and lifestyle related diseases)
- Natural Resources Utilization and Conservation
Cross-cutting research activities include the following areas:
- Appropriate Technology
- Methodological Studies
- Staff Development
To learn more about Makerere's research efforts, please visit the Directorate of Research and Graduate Training website